Gout is a very painful form of arthritis that occurs when there is accumulation of uric acid in the blood. This is the product of the decomposition of substances called purines, which are found in all tissues of the body and in foods such as red meats, liver, beans and dry peas.
When the person is healthy, uric acid dissolves in the blood, seeps through the kidneys and is removed from the body through the urine. However, when the kidneys can not efficiently remove it, it crystallizes and accumulates in the joints forming what is known as gout.
This chronic disease affects several joints and decreases the quality of life of those who suffer. Because of this, patients are in the constant search for appropriate treatment to decrease pain and inflammation.
Important Things About Gout :
Often, people who suffer from gout can feel the first symptom when their big toe is affected. This finger may feel brittle, red, warm, and swollen. But, in addition, the pain and the inflammation increase gradually, being able to extend to other areas like:
- The arch of the foot
- The ankles
- The heels
- The knees
- The dolls
- The elbows
At the beginning, gout attacks improve with the days or go unnoticed for the patient. With the passage of time, the symptoms are more evident and the attacks last longer, so it is necessary to control them with some treatment.
A person is more likely to get gout if:
- Is male
- Have a family history of gout
- He is overweight or obese
- Consume alcohol
- Consume many foods rich in purines
- Exposed to lead in the environment
- Have had an organ transplant
- Take medications such as diuretics, aspirin, cyclosporine, or levodopa
- Take vitamin niacin
Diagnosing gout can be somewhat complicated, since its symptoms are similar to other health problems. To confirm this problem, the doctor may take a sample of the fluid from the inflamed joints to determine if there are uric acid crystals present.
Natural treatment for Gout
When the doctor diagnoses the patient with gout, the treatment to be followed includes the consumption of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen, and corticosteroids, such as prednisone and colchicine in small amounts.
These medications can relieve pain and prevent future attacks to improve the patient’s quality of life. In spite of this, it is not recommended its daily consumption, since in the medium and long term can cause side effects in the health. To take no risks, there are some natural remedies that can help to fight this problem without causing other health effects.
This Powerful Remedy to Treat Gout :
This time we will share a natural remedy specially designed to treat gout, as it combines ingredients with anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. The result is an effect similar to that of medications, but without having to worry about possible negative effects on other body parts.
- 1 cup sour cherry juice
- 1 pineapple
- 1-2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) ginger root or 1 teaspoon and a half ginger powder
How to prepare it?
- Peel the pineapple and remove the stem. The ideal is to use the pulp, but you can also take advantage of the stem, which is rich in bromelain .
- Cut the pineapple into pieces, put it in the blender and process until a puree.
- Add the sour cherry juice, turmeric and ginger.
- Pour the mixture into a sealed glass jar and seal it.
- Take the bottle to the refrigerator and leave it there for 10 days.
- When the recommended time has passed, you can continue with an optional step, which is to add the honey to change slightly the taste of turmeric and ginger.
- This incredible drink can last up to a month in the refrigerator , as long as it is well sealed inside it.
- To get optimal results in the treatment of gout, it is very important to take it every day .
Because of its amazing properties, this drink is also recommended for other degrees of arthritis and various ailments associated with muscles or joints. Of course, consuming it every day is also making a great contribution of nutrition and health to the body.