Ear infections are caused by viruses or bacteria that attack the middle ear. It is usually an illness that affects children more than adults. To detect it in time, you must be very attentive to the little one who will manifest the following:
- Liquid wax coming out of the ear.
- He will pull at his ears (and may cry as he does so).
- Will have difficulty sleeping.
- You will feel pain.
- High fever
- It will not respond to certain sounds.
- You may have vomiting.
The ear is composed of three parts: outer, middle and inner ear. Although infections usually attack the middle ear, the most serious are those that occur in the inner ear . The complications in this case, can break the eardrum and cause deafness.
For this reason, it is very important that a specialist can diagnose the problem, before testing any drug or natural remedy. Here we select the best natural remedies to prevent or cure a mild ear infection and so you can feel immediate relief while consulting your trusted doctor.
Cure an Ear Infection Naturally :
The properties of mango leaves are extraordinary to cure an ear infection.
- Crush three mango leaves and extract the juice.
- Place it inside a dropper and put 3 or 4 drops into the infected ear.
- A few minutes later, you will feel great relief. Repeat two or three times a day and cure the infection.
This way of curing an ear infection is perhaps the simplest because it is a very common ingredient in the home.
- Heat a cup of salt in a saucepan over low heat for two minutes. You can also do it in a water bath or in the microwave.
- When it is already hot, place it on a cloth and close it.
- Apply the sealed cloth over the ear to receive heat for 10 minutes.
- Repeat several times a day. The heat will drain the internal fluids accumulated by the infection. It also helps with pain and inflammation.
Another option is to use a cup of raw rice instead of salt.
3.Hot Water Bottle
Applying heat on the area is not a way to cure an ear infection , but it does feel immediate relief from pain.
- Place a hot water bottle, a water bottle, or a heating pad over your ear.
- You can also place warm compresses: Wet a clean cloth in warm water, remove excess fluid and apply it over the ear.
- Do not apply heat for more than five minutes. After this time, remove the heat, wait and then reapply.
4. Olive Oil
In addition to curing an ear infection , this is recommended if the Eustachian tubes are covered by the amount of wax.
- Heat a few drops of olive oil in the microwave.
- Make sure that the oil is warm, that it does not burn. Add two drops into the infected ear. Rest the head so that the oil penetrates.
- Wait about 5 minutes and then lie down on that side to allow drainage.
- The oil will soften the wax and loosen any stopper. Remove all infected wax.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
This remedy is useful if you want to cure an ear infection caused by a fungus.
- Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar with alcohol, or with water.
- Soak a cotton pad and place it in the form of a cap, covering the hole in the ear.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Then remove and rest your head on that side to allow fluids to drain.
- With the hair dryer, try to dry your ear as much as you can so that liquids do not re-enter.