1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a natural skin lightener with excellent astringent properties. The acidic nature of lemon juice also helps to remove the outer layer of the skin, thereby removing a layer of hyper pigmented skin.
- Extract the juice of a fresh lemon.
- Apply on the affected areas and rub gently around one or two minutes.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day and you should see improvement within three weeks.
2. Apple cider vinegar
The acetic acid in vinegar apple cider makes it a powerful bleaching agent that helps remove stains and make the skin smoother and more radiant.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Apply this solution on the melasma spots and allow to air dry.
- Rinse with warm water and dry the skin gently.
- Follow this remedy once a day.
Turmeric can also reduce melanin and help fight the melasma skin. Curcumin is an active ingredient of turmeric that has antioxidant properties for skin lightening.
- Mix five tablespoons of turmeric powder with 10 tablespoons of milk to make a paste. It is best to use whole milk as it has lactic acid and calcium that helps exfoliate and soften the skin.
- Add a tablespoon of chickpea flour to thicken the mixture.
- Apply this paste evenly over the affected area.
- Let dry for 20 minutes. Then rinse with warm water and dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this treatment every day for best results.
4. The onion juice
Onion juice is another effective way to restore your natural skin tone home remedy. Onion juice has a number of sulfur-containing compounds that can fade dark spots or discoloration on the skin. Furthermore, onion juice provides nourishment to the skin cells.
- You must chop two or three onions.
- Put them on a piece of gauze and adjust them to extract the juice.
- Measure onion juice and mix with an equal amount of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply to the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
5. Aloe Vera Gel
Due to the presence of mucilaginous polysaccharides in aloe Vera gel, you can alleviate hyper pigmentation and restore the original color of your skin. You can also remove dead skin cells and promote the regeneration of new skin cells.
- You should cut open a leaf of aloe Vera gel and extract fresh.
- Apply the gel on the affected thoroughly and massage gently for a minute or two area.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash with warm water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
Oatmeal is an incredible natural exfoliating agent that can remove brown spots on the face and dissolve dead skin cells to add shine and radiant skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of oatmeal powder, two tablespoons of milk and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply to the affected area.
- Wait 20 minutes and rub the mixture with water.
- Caress your face dry with a clean towel.
- Do this two or three times a week for a month.
The high protein content in almonds has a skin lightening effect. In addition, almonds contain vitamin E that nourishes the skin and removes discoloration.
- Mix a teaspoon of almond powder with enough honey to make a thick paste. Gently rub the paste on the affected area and leave on for 30 minutes area. Rinse with warm water and pat your face dry. Do this three or four times a week until you see an improvement.
- Alternatively, you can grind five almonds soaked with enough milk to make a thin paste. Add a teaspoon of honey to it and mix well. Apply the paste on the affected area before going to sleep skin. Leave it overnight and wash with cold water the next morning. Use this remedy daily for two weeks.
Horseradish is another traditional treatment for melasma. The property horseradish bleaching whitens out any type of skin discoloration including melasma.
- You cut a radish slices and rub it directly on the affected skin. Let the juice dry horseradish alone. Then rinse with warm water and pat dry. Repeat once a week until the stains fade brown.
- Mix two tablespoons horseradish powder in a cup of sour cream. Applied to the skin and leave for 30 minutes.Then wash your face with warm water. Do this once a week until you see positive results.
Papain, the enzyme found in papayas, is a natural exfoliating agent that can remove dead and damaged skin cells.
- Mash a ripe papaya to get a pasty consistency.
- Add two tablespoons of honey to a cup and a half of the paste of mashed papaya.
- Apply it as a mask over the affected area of the skin.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Follow this remedy once a week for several months.
Sandalwood is another effective skin lightening that can improve the complexion of the skin and reduce the signs of melasma ingredient, as well as other types of stains.
- Mix equal parts of power sandalwood, turmeric, whole milk and lemon juice to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected skin and let it dry by itself.
- Sprinkle a little water to moisten the face mask and scrub it off in circular movements.
Finally, rinse with more water and pat dry.
- Follow this remedy three or four times a week until you get the desired result.
Along with remedies for melasma, you should limit their exposure to the sun for prolonged periods of time.
Also, remember to use sunscreen when you go out to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays. In addition, consumption of foods rich in fiber and drink plenty of water will help get rid of toxins and treat melasma .