10 Home Remedies for Cystitis
Urinary tract infections (UTI) are a very common health problem. Although both men and women have urinary tract infections, women are more prone to them.
A urinary tract infection occurs when the bladder and outlet tubes are infected by bacteria. Some of the causes include sexual intercourse, waiting too long to urinate, pregnancy, menopause and diabetes.
Common symptoms include frequent urination, passing small amounts of urine, a burning sensation when urinating, change in color of urine, abdominal pain , fever, nausea and vomiting.
Immediate treatment is required for infection does not cause damage to the kidneys. In addition to conventional treatment, many natural remedies can help prevent and treat urinary infections.
Here are the top 10 home remedies for cystitis
1. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of enzymes, potassium and other useful minerals that can prevent the bacteria that cause urinary tract infections multiply or grow more. Those who suffer from urinary tract infections can use apple cider vinegar as a natural antibiotic to treat the infection.
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. You can also add lemon juice and sweeten with honey. Mix well.
- Drink this twice a day for a few days.
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil in the bath water and use this water to wash the opening of the urethra.
- Alternatively, you can mix the tea tree oil with equal amounts of sandalwood oil and juniper oil and rub this mixture into the abdominal region and the area near the bladder. This is very effective in reducing the pain associated with urinary tract infections. Follow this remedy once a day for three or four days.
- Another simple way to treat urinary tract infections is to soak in warm bath water mixed with two tablespoons of natural yogurt and six drops of tea tree oil. Do this every day for 10 minutes about 10 days.
Blueberries have bacteria that inhibit properties that can help in the treatment of urinary tract infections. The antioxidants present in blueberries are good for the immune system, and prevent the growth of bacteria that cause urinary tract infections.
- You can add some fresh blueberries to your favorite cereal and have it for breakfast.
- You can also make a fresh cranberry juice and have a day, morning and evening for quick results. Do not add any artificial sweetener for juice.
Including fresh blueberries or juice in your daily diet is also a good way to prevent urinary tract infections.
Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce symptoms of UTI. Along with pineapple, you should also take antibiotics prescribed by your doctor to quickly get rid of this type of infection.
Eating a cup of pineapple on a regular basis can help prevent urinary tract infections. You can also make half pineapple juice and drink it. It is best to use fresh pineapple because canned version may contain preservatives.
8. Uva Ursi
Uva ursi is an herb that contains a number of substances that help fight infections, including urinary tract infections.The herb contains several chemicals with antiseptic properties.
The herb is readily available in pharmacies in supplement form. When taking this supplement, the antiseptic quality of this herb kills bacteria and also gently stimulates urination. NOTE: People with kidney or liver disease, pregnant or nursing women, and children should not take uva ursi.
9. hot compresses
Regular use of hot compresses help minimize bladder pressure and give relief from pain caused by the infection. A warm compress will also decrease inflammation and help prevent the growth of bacteria that cause infection.
- Put some warm water in a water bottle flexible. Place the hot water bottle on the lower abdomen for a few minutes.
- You can also place a heating pad on the lower abdomen for pain relief.
Drink plenty of water when suffering from a urinary tract infection. Try to drink at least eight to 10 glasses of water a day. By drinking more water, you urinate more often, which is essential to deal with this type of infection.
In addition, your urine is less concentrated and bacteria causing the infection will be flushed from your system, which helps you recover faster. Along with water, you can drink fruit juices and vegetables to provide your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs to fight infection.
These home remedies are effective in treating infections of the urinary tract . But you should consult a doctor if you have symptoms such as blood in the urine, vomiting or fever.