Peanut butter is a food that has been claimed in our diet and that can offer valuable nutrients to your body. So that we know more about this ingredient today we show all about the peanut butter properties, benefits and their use in the kitchen.
Benefits of Peanut Butter
- It is a plant food, peanut butter can be a great help in preventing nutritional deficiencies in vegans.
- It is a source of omega 3 as well as proteins and zinc, nutrients that predominate in the animal Kingdom.
- Also, peanut butter can help reduce the risk of metabolic diseases such as diabetes, according to research published in the journal JAMA.
- Even though peanut butter concentrates many fats and calories.
- It has a high amount of protein which translates into a high satiating power that has been linked to a lower risk of obesity and scientists in Philadelphia relate their intake with lower body mass index in Adults.
- So even though peanut butter is a calorie bomb, it seems that its nutrients and other properties can benefit health with regular consumption, but of course, not excessive.
Properties of Peanut Butter
Although like all dried fruit and its derivatives is not a low calorie food, peanut butter is among the plant foods that more protein concentrate and also, it is an excellent source of potassium , zinc, vitamin E and omega 3 for our dishes.
Of course, commercial choices can carry sugars and added sodium in large quantities, but at home we can make peanut butter easily and get the benefits of peanuts and its noble nutrients.In addition to its vitamins, minerals, proteins and unsaturated fats, peanuts and peanut butter are good sources of beneficial phytochemicals for the body such as flavonoids and other phenolic compounds that have antioxidant function.
Even a study by scientists from Barcelona, says that peanut butter contains resveratrol in its easiest form of absorption by the body, hence its benefits could be higher.
The properties of peanut butter not only focus on its nutritional composition but also on the effect of different antioxidants and phytochemicals with positive action on our body.
How to use peanut butter in the kitchen?
Cream or peanut butter that is a cream or butter that can be used as such on a toast or to make many preparations.
For example, we can use this noble food as a base of a dressing to make cakes, chocolates , ice cream or shakes more nutritious and satiating. And also, as an ingredient of sauces for pasta, rice or other type of dishes.Since its original flavor is nothing more than that of peanut, we can use peanut butter for sweet or salty dishes, hot or cold. We should always try to avoid the industrial versions that, as we said, carry added sugars and excess sodium while Making peanut butter at your home.
So, you will have a much healthier and equally tasty food to benefit our health.