Oatmeal is one of the most popular cereals in the world of fitness and its characteristics justify it, but if we want to know more about it today we tell you everything about oats: properties, benefits and their use in cooking.
Nutritional Properties of Oats :
- In nutritional terms, oats stand out for being an option with great protein and fiber in comparison with other cereals.
- It also has unsaturated fats and is a food rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium and B vitamins.
- In addition, it has vitamin E, selenium, polyphenols and other compounds with antioxidant function in our body, according to a study published in the Journal of Cereal Science.
- It also possesses plant sterols naturally so in our body it has the ability to lower blood cholesterol.
- If rich in fiber and vegetable proteins allow their intake to produce satiety and help reduce food intake in later ad libitum foods, according to US scientists.
Also, it is a food that offers low glycemic index carbohydrates and its large amount of soluble fiber is a good option to regulate intestinal transit and help control glucose levels as well as lipids in the body as indicated by published research In the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Benefits of Oatmeal :
Being a food that produces great satiety and has high nutritional quality, oats is a great ally in the moment of losing weight taking care of health, because in addition, can benefit the metabolism and away from diseases.
In fact, a study published in Nutrition Journal indicates that the regular consumption of oats can reduce the risk of suffering cardiovascular diseases , as well as, researchers of Canada confirm that its consumption favors the control of the diabetes and can be of aid in the prevention Of this and other metabolic diseases.
On the other hand, its low glycemic index with hydrates, proteins and other quality nutrients make oats an ideal food for athletes looking for long-term energy and antioxidants as well as vitamins or minerals that favor the functioning of the neuro-muscular system.
Also the oats is a great food for the smallest of the house, because it offers good nutrients for its development with energy of quality. Also, it is a very versatile alternative for those who carry a vegetarian or vegan diet.
How to Use Oats in the Kitchen?
Oatmeal is a food with valuable properties and therefore can offer great benefits for athletes and non-athletes, adults and children, vegans and omnivores. In addition, in the kitchen is a very versatile ingredient and easy to get.
We can use oats in a variety of preparations, sweet or salty, cold or hot and accompany a bowl of milk or yogurt with it or include it in a breakfast with chia , a smoothie bowl , energetic sticks or even in a Fitness cake or healthy muffins.We can also add oats to some hamburgers in replacement of breadcrumbs or else, make a vegan hamburger with this noble cereal that, of course, goes very well in breads and cookies.
Likewise, oats allow as many uses as our imagination can create, because with it we can produce many healthy and nutritious dishes that will enrich our daily diet.