Since it is the first meal after a long period of fasting, it would be convenient for our breakfast to include food that gives us sufficient energy to face the day in the best way.
If in the morning you feel that you do not have “fuel” , it costs you a lot to start the day and you are a zombie until noon perhaps you are missing some nutrients in the first intake. So in the following article we tell you what the best breakfasts are to have lots of energy from early on.
What are the most energetic breakfasts?
Many people do not know the importance of having breakfast well to have strength throughout the day. We are accustomed to a cup of coffee while we change or make up, and even leave the house on an empty stomach.
- To have more energy is essential to consume healthy carbohydrates , that is, sources of glucose that the body turns into fuel.
- The good thing about these foods is that they keep us strong for a lot longer and do not bring in too many calories.
- We also recommend eating low-fat protein and fruit smoothies, especially in summer, to provide the body with the nutrients it needs and start the day with well-charged batteries.
- Some alternatives to lactose, such as, for example, almond or oat milk are advised to avoid the large amounts of fat and cholesterol in dairy products (especially whole ones).
- Proper breakfast has many benefits. Not only does it calm the appetite, it also activates the metabolism and prevents excess food during the day.
- Unlike what is believed, a hearty breakfast allows you to lose weight and reduce anxiety, as long as you choose healthy foods like fruits and cereals.
- If you are not used to so much food since early you can go adding more amounts by little.
- It is also important not to get stuck at dinner and avoid lying down within 3 hours of the last intake. So the body will rise hungry and it will be easier to choose a full breakfast.
Breakfasts for energy: preparation tips
Not eating breakfast every morning forces the body to use its reserve energies. We must take into account that after having spent about 7 hours without food in the stomach because of sleep, all the fuel has been processed overnight and when we get up, we need to recharge the batteries.
- A good breakfast (energetic and healthy) should contain protein, slow-digesting carbohydrates and fruits or vegetables.
- It is very important to choose whole grains and whole grains (with high fiber content) to avoid running out of energy in the middle of the morning.
- It also includes a hard- boiled egg , a handful of nuts and nothing for the world to have breakfast out of the house.
- We recommend avoiding processed foods (because they raise blood cholesterol).
- Consume at least 3 times a week a Greek yogurt (for its proteins) and make sure that each serving has less than 5 grams of sugar.
5 Foods for the Most Energizing Breakfasts :
You may find it too much to ingest 5 different ingredients so early. However, over time you will realize the benefits of a protein breakfast and low in fat.
And it is not only good on a physical level, but also emotional, as there is nothing better than sharing a few minutes as a family before everyone fulfills their daily obligations.
As for the food that you can not miss in your breakfasts we find:
Although they try to demonize this drink the truth is that consumed in its right measure can be of great help to increase the energies.
- Caffeine has the ability to improve mood and increase mental performance.
- It also reduces the feeling of tiredness and fatigue and speeds up the metabolism.
But attention: it is advisable only one cup in the morning and another in the afternoon.
2. Dried fruits
They are very rich in proteins, healthy fats and fibers. While they have a good amount of calories, they also contribute satiety and prevent “pikes” between meals.
- Nuts have vitamin E, magnesium and manganese.
- It reduce diabetes and heart disease and are a perfect ally with yogurt or milk.
They are also considered negative for health. However, if we consume it cooked we will give the body 6 grams of healthy protein and reduce weight (especially abdominal fat).
- An egg at breakfast improves brain function.
- It balances cholesterol levels and prevents macular degeneration.
- In addition, you will avoid consuming additional calories during the day.
4. Flax Seeds
Also called flaxseed, they are small seeds but with a great nutritional contribution.
- Flax provides omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B1, fiber and magnesium (among other minerals).
- A tablespoon of these seeds mixed with juice or yogurt reduces glucose and cholesterol.
One of the essentials of breakfast to make it energetic.
- It can be consumed in combination with yogurt, milk or juice, in the form of cream or cookies.
- It brings you a lot of nutrients including fiber, iron and magnesium.
- But without doubt, one of the main virtues of oats is that it provides a lot of satiety.
- Your stomach will be satisfied for several hours and you will avoid the famous “pica pica” before lunch.
Other foods that can not be missed at breakfast are:
- Yogurt (better if it’s Greek)
- Fresh fruit (in the form of juice, milkshake or whole)
- Green tea (to reduce caffeine)